- Graduated at Royal Holloway College, University of London with a BA Hons English in 1993. I spent a year or so travelling around the world and working in Australia before settling in London.
- Between 1995 to 2002, I worked in London for a repro & print company (Wace Imaging) as a Marketing Secretary, then for a medical marketing agency (Sudler & Hennessey) as an Account Executive. Following a move to Yorkshire, I joined a graphic design company in Sheffield (The Workshop) as an Account Manager and moved to a Huddersfield-based graphic design company (Charter Design) as an Account Manager when I got married and moved to North Yorkshire.
- Working 'agency-side' provided a range of experience in dealing with a variety of organisations in areas such as: brand management, product promotion and marketing communications' production, from concept through to print - all with an eye for detail and a respect for tight deadlines.
- From 2002-2009 I took a career break to look after my 3 children. Throughout this time, I volunteered in roles such as: Clerk to the Marton-cum-Grafton Parish Council, Secretary to Ouseburn Playgroup and then Chair of the PTA at Marton-cum-Grafton Primary School. All correspondence and website content was given meticulous attention to preserve the integrity of these organisations.
- In 2010 I completed a Proofreading and Editorial Skills correspondence course with Chapterhouse in Exeter. From this period I have successfully embarked on a freelance career and thoroughly enjoy being a 'stickler' for the correct use of grammar, punctuation and spelling throughout a variety of corporate literature and website/social media content.